As a psychologist, I have counseled students at six different university counseling centers across the country, and continue to see college students in my private practice today. I listen to them question their choices, cry over breakups, worry about their grades, and shake their fists at real and imagined forces out to kill their buzz. Over the years I've noticed that certain struggles are common among college students regardless of the location or size of the school they attend. And since different kinds of students on different kinds of campuses have responded positively to the same bits of advice I've given, I decided to put them all in one place for students everywhere to access anytime. So here is my compilation of suggestions for how to make the best of your college experience, and not let it get the best of you!